Sunday, August 24, 2014

Beauty Without Cruelty



Welcome back to another monthly segment from Natalie Loves Beauty! Today I wanted to share a step in my skin care routine I used to not give much thought to - toning. I never really understood why it was such an important part of a good facial regimen. Makeup removers are guilty of not always removing all impurities from the face, so a good toner gets the job done without stripping the skin. I have only tried a couple of toners in the past but they haven't left me very impressed.  I have even tried using witch hazel for toning purposes, and although I really liked the results it provided, it is quite heavy scented (read more on my experience here) so I have been on the lookout for a natural alternative that is not so heavy on the nose. Insert the Beauty Without Cruelty Premium Aromatherapy Balancing Facial Toner - witch hazel has finally found its match!



As with all products from Beauty Without Cruelty, no harm was done to our fellow earthlings in making this pant-based product - it is 100% vegan, paraben free and does not contain any synthetic fragrances. The ingredient list includes aloe vera leaf juice, cucumber extract, green tea extract, ylang ylang oil, geranium rose oil, lavandin oil, palmarosa oil, and castor oil, among other natural extracts, and it is also rich in Vitamin C. The magic behind this facial toner is that it balances the pH in our skin, leaving it refreshed, hydrated, and ready for intense moisture. This is thus perfect to use right after cleansing and prior to moisturizing. Best part? There is no strong scent and it is super affordable!


I purchased this product from iherb.com for $7.17, discounted from its retail price of $9.95. You can also get an added discount by using the code FFM227 at checkout, which is always great! This website has quickly become my favourite for natural beauty care. I would highly recommend it - not only are their products super wallet friendly but they also offer a very affordable flat international shipping rate.

Have you incorporated a toner into your skin care regimen? Which one is your favourite?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I ordered it from Vitacost ( about 7$). Thank you for this review, I can't wait to try this !!! It's very difficult to find the right toner and the price Is so perfect ;-) I never see a différence in the past on my skin but, recently, my pore are bigger and my skin need it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! I really think you will enjoy it. Glad you found it for such a great price too :) xx

      Delete